Placeit Review: Everything About This Mockup and Design Tool
Only a marketer knows how time-consuming it is to develop a range of print and on-demand products. Even merchandisers often have to pay big money for professional models, designers & skilled photographers for promotion, which is expensive and at the same time hassling. So, here is the blog “Placeit Review” for the best solution.
It’s also not conceivable to spend so much money on promotional marketing for a beginner.
So, will you stop dreaming about POD Business?
Of course NOT!!
Print on Demand is one of the most lucrative businesses in the world. Proper software usage has made my market boom. That’s why I am introducing you with PlaceIt. It will make your print and demand business process much easier.
I have presented a complete review of Placeit, including its pricing, features, and alternatives comparison and also Keep a Big sign in Surprise for you. Start Reviewing!
What is Placeit?
Placeit is one of the best websites where you can find unlimited resources for your design mockups, templates, demo videos and a lot more. It has been running since 2013. Placeit.net can be considered as a ‘one-stop’ site for your e-commerce business.
Imagine you have a t-shirt business and you need to put up those designs in your store. You urgently need t-shirt mockups for your store and you need to put those t-shirts on models so that your customers can visualize how they will look in it.
So, what do you do? You visit Placeit.net of course. Among its features, Placeit.net has a sophisticated mockup and template designer where you can easily make logos and other graphical designs for your business.
Placeit.net is a platform that doesn’t only have mockups and templates for t-shirts/clothes but also has various kinds of mockups for products such as business cards, posters, paperback covers, etc.
How Much Does Placeit Cost?
Cost of Placeit:
You may have a question in mind, is Placeit free? No, Placeit.net is NOT free. However, it is not expensive as well. If you do the cost benefit analysis, you will see that the value is much greater. Now there are types of purchase
- Free Account – Limited Library
- Single Purchase – From $2.99-$39.99 per download.
- Unlimited Subscription – $14.95 monthly and $89.65 Annually
- Promo Code- With the discount code, you may save an additional 15% on any paid Placeit plan.
In a single purchase, you will only pay for what you need. For example, if you need a t-shirt mockup, you will pay for that one only which is like $7 or $6. You don’t need to have a monthly subscription.
With An unlimited subscription, you can subscribe for $14.95 per month or $89.65 per year. Depends on how many mockups and templates you need; you can subscribe to either. There are no limitations here, you can download and make as many mockups, templates, videos as you want.
If you compare the unlimited subscription option with the Single purchase option, you will see that the unlimited subscription gives off more value. So, depending on your business model, you can pick whichever option you want to pick. However, Placeit is now offering unlimited Mockups on signing up. Taxes aren’t included in the price.
It is a tricky tool. There are two options. As a result, it is prudent to consider your options before proceeding with Placeit. If you go for the Annual option, you can save 50%. In each month you only need to spend $7.47 to get unlimited collections. But If you are just a start up and purchasing every month is not possible, then the best option is to buy for only 1 month with $14.95, download all the designs, save back up for the rest of the months and enjoy your business.
Terms of payment
Before subscription you must know, payments in Placeit are processed in advance of the billing cycle that you select (monthly or yearly). After subscription, If any of your payment is past due for more than 30 days, Placeit.com reserves the right to cancel your Placeit membership and prohibit your access to their system.
Bonus offer in this Placeit Review
Now!! Here is The BIG Surprise !!!
Sign up NOW !! for the Starter plan today. Follow the given instruction to sign up & get 50 Free Amazing T-shirt designs from me.
How does Placeit work?
The first step of using Placeit.net is visiting the site and clicking on the signup option given in the top right area of the website. After you input all the information required and tick all the policy boxes, you will have your account ready.
Once you are done setting up your account, you can generate your proffered design/mockup as you want. There are four basic aspects of Placeit.net –
- Mockup Creator
- Template Generation
- Logo Design
- Video Creation
Let’s start with the mockup generator first, since it is the most important part of this tool. So, how to place an image in a mock up?This is the product mockup part where you have to submit an image in the available product mockups.
The mockup link is visible at the upper side of the page. After you click on it, you will find a variety of lists of products from t-shirts to bags to mugs. After selecting your preferable template and mockup, you can choose its designs and surrounding environment.
It means that you can place your t-shirts on models and other things, download them, and use them for your store. These are called the design templates. After choosing the template, you can then upload your image.
You can add/remove texts as well. After uploading your image on the mockup design and adding necessary text, you can then proceed to crop it to your preferred shape. After you are done, download the image.
Second, comes the design template. This is also an amazing feature of Placeit.net. These are design templates for clothing, business flyers, social media contents, etc. These are highly customizable.
Unlike Photoshop, you don’t need expertise in editing to design the templates. You will only work with texts, fonts, frames, etc. You can change the featured image however you want in the design template. Finally, download the image and work with it.
Thirdly comes the “Logo Maker”, this is the simplest way how you can get your own logo for your business. Not every business has a graphic designer with them. With Placeit.net, you can easily make your own logos.
First, you have to click on the logo section; there you will find a search bar. In the search bar, you need to type the name of your brand or business and choose your particular industry. You can play with the color coordination and its background however you want.
Placeit.net will give you various logo options from which you can pick your own business logo. Just as designing a template, you can also change the fonts, colors, texts, frames, etc. Finally, save it and then use it.
Last but not least is “Video Maker”. Imagine you have an online business, you have to promote one of your products through video teasers, and you don’t have any fixed designer. What do you do then? You come to Placeit.net.
These videos on Placeit.net are mostly made for short videos and teasers of any companies’ product or services. There are many video templates that work within Placeit.net.
Since this is also highly customizable, you can change the texts, fonts, images in the video, playback speed, etc. After adding all the elements in the video, you can save it and use it on various occasions.
Why Should Ecommerce Merchants Use Placeit.net?
Design mockups are a core part of any e-commerce business. Without this, your products would not have looked good. An estimate of 2800 t-shirt mockups alone exists at Placeit.net and thousands of other designs as well.
Placeit is increasing in popularity among eCommerce fashion merchants for its fine art design collection and rapid product mockups. It is a mockup software that every day has newly rich merchandisers with thousands of digital device models. Placeit makes e-commerce merchandizers’ work easier, more cost-effective and haselfree.
Placeit is literally a one-stop place for everything you need for your designs. Mockups have made the life of many e-commerce businesses easy. It’s the simplest way to make quick product photos for your store.
When it comes to marketing, Facebook covers, mockup demos, and video places are rapidly gaining traction. Placeit helps merchandizers to quickly create goods and videos that will enhance their online sales as well as boost their audience’s engagement. Merchandisers easily demonstrate their product overview films for their clients to understand what they provide, sales or offers.
It is cost-effective and haseelfree because merchandise within one subscription gets unlimited designs, marketing tutorials, promotional coupons, email blast and many more. They do not need to invest money on buying other tools, photoshoots, or researching current trends. Placeit helps merchandizers to collect the most welcoming and latest trending inventory. Merchandisers with their own model templates show a realistic demo of their professional designs. I highly recommend merchandisers to use this efficient t-shirt mockup software to keep in touch with customers and increase brand popularity.
Not to mention, It is the best mockup software and short videos mockup generator as well. People who are not good at designing or do not want to invest their time in mockups can certainly use Placeit effectively. However, you cannot expect advanced editing options and other pro Photoshop features in Placeit because that’s what placeit does not cover.
Some have misconceptions that you can do anything in Placeit but you have to understand that, the purpose of Placeit.net is for built-in mockups and templates. If you are an e-commerce merchant (designer/marketer etc.), you will find plenty of resources here to work with.
For who Placeit is Good?
Placit empower kit is utilized by almost every e-commerce site, as well as youtubers, developers, freelancers, and digital marketers, but it is especially useful for digital marketers and mockup designers. Placeit.net is one of the best t-shirt mockup generators. Placeit provides designers with over 60,000 design templates and 510 are completely free, including high-resolution mockups designs. Any merchandising design that appears excellent and professional can be chosen by the designers. Placeit is the perfect solution for first-time POD marketers who don’t have a lot of money for marketing, don’t have graphics designing skill or illustrator skill. Beginners can easily practice with Placeit free trial, create designs smoothly without any technical or creative knowledge and enjoy affordable marketing with Placeit’s facebook ad and video templates. So if you are a beginner designer then, go for the Placeit.net free trial option and enjoy learning mockup designs.
Pros and Cons of Placeit.net
Pros of Placeit
- Placeit is a basic and easy-to-use website for people of all skill levels.
- Placeit’s free mode is best for new mockup designers or amateurs who want to test out their design creativity.
- It is quite a cost-effective and flexible tool. There is no contract. You buy it for once and enjoy a whole bunch of mock-up designs.
- You don’t need to spend money on models or photoshoots to promote T-shirts. With Placeit it is possible to provide a real life view to your visual customers.
- Placit is a trendy tool. It updates 600 new tools weekly and grows with brand new popular trends.
- Placeit works just as its name suggests. It automatically places the submitted image into the mockup template, resizes and allows designers to easily download and quickly publish.
Cons of Placeit
- Placeit’s free mode is not good for professional mockup designers. Free users only get access to a restricted number of templates. Even while the free library has thousands of templates, it pales in comparison to the complete library.
- It might be rather costly for those who are not premium subscribers to Placeit’s membership plan. They must pay per download.
- If you do not pay for the site, mock-ups and designs will have a watermark or trademark issue, so you can’t freely use it for commercial purposes. You may need to find a watermark business solutions scam.
- This tool might not be the best option for creating lengthier documents like scrapbooks or magazines.
- Designers cannot fully modify and customize all templates. The interface of Placeit is less functional and not 100% configurable on all templates. Sometimes after download you may need another tool to redesign.
Can I Use Placeit for Print On Demand?
If you are working with the POD business model then you will be totally fine with Placeit. It is the only online graphics designing tool that allows Pod designers to create designs and mock-ups at the same site, within the same subscription. Placeit includes a variety of bright models (templates, pictures, videos, text, and designs) that can be printed on (Bags, Coffee Mugs, Travel mugs, Hat, leggins, Hoodies, Phonecases, Phone Grips, Pillow, Tshirt, sweatshirt, sportswear, wall art and many more items). You can also make Banner, Billboard, Facebook ads , instagram posts, Facebook posts and covers, Pinterest and Twitter posts for your store or brand promotion from this same site.
This tool also has a modifying option using grid lines, which allows you to move items and fit them in the way you desire. You can also make a T-shirt video mockup and see how your design will look in real life if anyone has it and how it will fit into an object. Placeit will give a realistic view of your work without a photoshoot.
You can use placeit designs for commercial purposes as well. Placeit includes an Unlimited Commercial Usage License. After work, If you are satisfied with your design you can begin promoting from this site. You can create content or design designs, sell them, earn profit, and even apply to register trademarks on designs and logos under this license. Even placeit will suggest you a range of options like age, gender, sex, and color brands. So you can create a POD design perfectly based on trends suited for your niche.
Overall, Placeit is a fantastic tool for creating professional mockups and designs, with all of the features you’ll need and fantastic licensing.If you want to be a successful merchandiser in the POD business then there is no better option for such a trendy and advanced tool like Placeit. So, Make the best choice before forwarding your POD business with any company.
To be a successful POD marketer it is necessary to live with trends and be with the best tool for your products. Creative artists need platforms and stores that make their work super easy and quick. Placeit is the best virtual gallery among all mockup and T-shirt designing tools because of its sophisticated capabilities and templates. However, if Placeit fails to meet your needs, you can attempt the following alternatives which are quite similar to sites like Placeit.
Here are Placeit free alternative websites that stand out from the crowd due to their advanced features, significant differentiator and social media following. You can go for the following Placeit alternative apparels-
- Renderforest: Renderforest gives you the opportunity to create stunning, realistic mockups with its design templates and background music library. You can create T-shirts, Mugs, smartphone cases, frames, grocery item packaging and give a realistic visualization to your customers. You can also make logos, create and animate videos, build websites and design graphics through this tool. This application offers excellent templates with interesting interaction, but the template variety is limited compared to Placeit.
- Mediamodifier: Mediamodifier is tough to master but if you learn the artistry it’ll provide you with greater flexibility and control over your mockup artwork and POD designs. This application helps you to rapidly visualize ideas, precise images, add life to your mockups with video edits, engaging social media posts, and create brand logo mockups with less cost than Placeit. However, Placeit is still worthwhile because of its great versatility and large number of templates.
- Mockup Studio: It is one of the best web-based mockup generators which wont limit your creative freedom. You can create stunning mockup designs within a short time. You can enjoy thousands of background integration free, 1000+ device mockups, ethnic diversity, device editor, and sketch integration in this tool. If you want to unlock your design creativity go for mockupstudio.com if you want to be the master of mockup designers select placeit.com.
- Smart Mockups: SmartMockups is an excellent choice to present your POD items, promoting, and create a brand identity to the POD world. This tool is easy to navigate and has several features (URL screenshot feature, the alignment tools, and others) that allow you to create mockups quickly. Smartmock and Placeit both tool has thousands of templates in category ( Technological, packaging, apparel, home and living) and give you high resolutions that are Web-ready but PlaceIt has more powerful features for personalizing your mockups, logos, and other works and flexible purchase options then smartmockup.com
- Artboard.studio: Artboard.studio also gives you high quality mockups designs, extraordinary design, packaging, apparel, outdoor artwork and more templates. This application has a Fast & fluid interface where you can design images, animate and present your work smoothly. Compared to PlaceIt it has a lack of backgrounds and stage options but before choosing it as an alternative you may think first.
- Canva: Canva.com is the world’s most popular design tool. There are thousands of design templates to choose from. You may use templates to make mockups (for example, T-shirt designs, mug designs, cap designs, bag designs, phone case designs, musk designs, and so on). This tool is completely adjustable; you can use any color, any size, and any text on the mockup design. Canva beats Placeit in terms of variety, style, and efficiency, but you won’t get video mockup choices or preset mockup templates. So when it comes to creating realistic mockups Placeit is the big boss.
- Vexel : For online mockup generators, Vexel.net is an excellent option. This application includes a big online inventory of designs, photoshop ready files, a massive stock image library, the ability to download a restricted number of mockups each month, and a commercial license. Vexels is a fantastic alternative if you’re seeking a large library of stock photos that can be downloaded as PSD files for use in Photoshop, but Placeit is the obvious victor if you’re looking for an all-around good online mockup and design tool.
- Printful: Printful.net gives you the opportunity to create your mockups, sell and at the same time dropshipping your product from the same site. This platform is superior than Placeit in that it is completely free to use and has the greatest worldwide print network. Printify helps you to design your POD products easily but this tool has less amount of template category, no video editing, image cropping, design logo, promotion through social media options are available like placeit have.
- Printify: Prentify, like Palceit, doesn’t have a large variety of templates, but you can also use specific custom templates to make your own T-shirts, Phonecases, mugs, tote bags, and wall art designs. Bath mats, shower curtains, towels, blankets, pillow covers, laptop sleeves, and more embroidery templates are available in this program. The preview mode includes fascinating and distinctive 3D mockup pictures that give the appearance of being natural and professional. You can also enjoy Printify’s drop-shipping opportunity.
Conclusion on Placeit Review
Boosting your branding game is not easy. You need to have a Creative Mind set and choose the right tools to grow your business.
Placeit offers a range of templates, music libraries, filters, and asset tagging. Overall, this tool is worthwhile to create designs, mockups, images, videos, and marketing posts. In short, Placeit is very convenient, flexible and affordable to use by anyone.
Have you ever tried this magical tool? Was this placeit review helpful for you to get a better understanding of this tool? Share your thoughts about Placeit in the comment section.